Hz is a unit used to measure the refresh rate of monitors and systems. Refresh rate is defined as the ability of the monitor to refresh a picture number of times per second. It would be best if you had Hz or refresh rate to determine how much better and enhanced performance a monitor can provide you because the speed of the monitor or system is determined by Hz (refresh rate). Monitors come with different refresh rates, and you can change them to adjust the settings and performance as you want.
Different monitors or systems come with different settings to adjust the refresh rate of the monitor. In this guide, we will be discussing other methods step-by-step to change the refresh rate (Hz) of the monitor so you can have a better experience and performance while gaming and working. To learn and apply every method accurately, you need to focus on this guide to understand all the steps.
How to Change Hz on Monitor?
The reasonable refresh rate (Hz) of the monitor depends on many things like display size, screen resolution, or the use of a graphics card. 60 Hz is a very reasonable and suitable refresh rate for monitors, but if you are a hard-core gamer or performing heavy-duty work on your monitor, you might need a refresh rate of 144 Hz to 240 Hz. Here is the method explained step by step so you can easily apply them.
How to Change HZ on Windows?
The first method in the list is for Windows users. You can use this method to change Hz or refresh rate on your Windows 10 and other models.
- The first step to change Hz for Windows is to open the settings on your monitor. If you do not know where your environments are located, you can search for them in the search bar. You need to click on the system in the settings and then select the display option from the system menu.
- You will see an ‘advance display settings’ in the display tab under the multiple display tab and above the graphics settings. In the advanced display settings tab, you can see all the qualities of scenes are set by default, like resolution, refresh rate, bit depth, color format, and color space. Under all these mentioned settings, you will see a link with the name Display adapter properties for Display 1. You need to click that link to process further.
- After clicking Display adapter properties for Display 1 from advance display settings, you will see that a pop-up has been opened. Select monitor from the pop-up, and under the drop-down menu for monitor setting, you will see the option to change the refresh rate of your monitor. Different monitors offer different refresh rates to choose from them according to your need and requirements.
- The last step in this procedure of changing refresh rate or Hz on your monitor is to click the apply button at the bottom after selecting Hz from the menu and then click the OK button, and you are set with the new refresh rate for your monitor.
How to Change Hz on Graphic Card?
The second method to change Hz on the monitor is specifically for the graphics card. You can use it to change the refresh rate or Hz for a graphics card like AMD or NVIDIA.
- The first step in this method is to change the refresh rate for the AMD graphics card. For this, right-click on your desktop and select display settings from the drop-down menu. You will see a tab for settings has been opened.
- From the opened tab, you need to click on display and select advanced display settings from there. It will be located last in the settings under the screen brightness adjustment option. A new tab will be opened with more advanced stages. Go to the bottom of this settings page and select click display adapter settings under the related settings bar.
- After clicking the display adapter settings, a new pop-up will be opened with different tabs such as adapter, monitor, and color management. You need to select the monitor tab from these three tabs. After clicking on the monitor tab, you can see a setting option to choose the refresh rate.
- Click on the screen refresh rate option under the monitor settings header. You can select whatever refresh rate you want. It will only show the refresh rate that your monitor and graphics card can support. After selection, click on apply, and your new settings will be applied. You can exit the settings by closing it from the top and your new refresh rate.
After you have applied all the steps and selected OK from stings, your monitor will start to use the new refresh rate you have set and perform accordingly. If you want a better resolution, you need to go for your monitor’s highest refresh rate. But if your monitor or system starts to lag, it is not suitable for your system, and you need to reset it or buy and use a graphics card if you are not on a budget.
As we conclude our informational guide on “how to change Hz on monitor”, we hope you may have understood and comprehended what you need to do to change the monitor’s refresh rate or how to change Hz on monitor. We are more than glad that your problem is solved and it was worth our effort and time. Go quickly and adjust your settings to change the Hz on your monitor and starts enjoying the enhanced performance.