Gaming consoles are becoming increasingly popular among young people. Playing games with these technologies has made it more convenient for young people or even the elderly.
These gaming consoles are usually connected to TVs so that you can play games, but if your TV is not working or is damaged, then you’ll surely opt for other means, like a laptop or monitor. Whenever a situation like this arises, people prefer a monitor because of its larger screen. But how do you connect your PS4 to your PC monitor? If not, we have some simple ways for you to connect your PS4 to the monitor.
It is easy to connect the PS4 to a monitor so that you can play games wherever you are. If you want to use your Playstation4 with a monitor, you usually already have what you need. However, depending on how old the monitor is, you may be required to purchase an adapter.
This blog post will discuss how you can easily connect your PS4 with your PC monitor using HDMI.
How to Connect PS4 to PC Monitor with HDMI?
In the past, the PS4 was connected to monitors via VGA or DVI ports, but the newer monitors have HDMI ports. The exact steps for connecting with the monitors can vary from monitor to monitor.
First, you need to determine which type of port your computer monitor has. Once you’ve determined which kind of monitor you have, you can easily follow the steps.
How to Connect Monitors With Built-in HDMI Port
The newer generation monitors consist of built-in HDMI ports, so connecting them is much easier than the older generation monitors, in which you would have to use different cables and converters.
Here is how you can connect your PS4 to a monitor with a built-in HDMI port:
- Switch off your PS4 & Monitor before connecting them.
- One end of the HDMI cable will be connected to your PS4, and the other will be connected to your PC monitor.
- When both ends are connected correctly, plug in the power cables and turn on both devices.
- If your PS4 is connected to your monitor, you can now customize settings such as resolution with the PS4 controller.
- After you’ve finished setting up your monitor, you can start playing games.
How to Connect Monitors Without Built-in HDMI Port
An extra step is required to connect older monitors with PS4 through HDMI. A second cable will be needed (depending on the type of port on the monitor). If your monitor has a VGA port, you need an HDMI-VGA cable. If your monitor has a DVI port, you will need an HDMI-DVI cable.
Connecting through HDMI-VGA Port
A PS4 can be connected to a monitor with a VGA port. You don’t have to worry if your PC monitor has a VGA port instead of HDMI. You can connect your PS4 to a VGA monitor by following these instructions.
- Just as you did when connecting your HDMI cable, you need to connect one end of your VGA cable to the monitor and the other end to the adapter.
- You can use an HDMI switch to connect the PS4 to the monitor if it can’t connect directly to the adapter.
- You can power up the PS4 using the HDMI switch power cable.
- Plug one HDMI end into the Switch input and the other into the PS4.
- Once all the settings have been completed, turn on the monitor, and both devices will be connected.
- You are now able to play and enjoy the game on your monitor.
Connecting Through DVI to HDMI Converter/Cable
As HDMI and DVI working is based on digital signals, using them will not cause any issues in your game quality. You probably know that DVI does not support audio signals, so you will have to buy a soundbar with an optical output.
All you need for a monitor with a DVI port is an HDMI to DVI cable or converter. Here is how to connect your PS4 through HDMI to a DVI converter or cable.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI output port on the PS4 and the other end of the DVI cable to the monitor. Connect the other end of the HDMI to the DVI converter to the display and the DVI to the other end of the converter.
- Turn your monitor on, select the input settings, and switch on your PlayStation.
Connecting the Audio From PS4 to Monitor
The use of headphones with PS4 may not be suitable for everyone. It is more enjoyable for me to enjoy the sound directly from the large speakers.
But when coming to connecting audio from PS4 to your monitor, it will not be as easy as connecting the video.
There will be different situations and, as a result, different solutions. So playing audio via your computer monitor will be tricky depending on your device.
You are generally good to go if your display has integrated speakers when it comes to sound. The PlayStation only supports digital audio out signals, so if your display does not have an HDMI port, you must purchase an adapter that splits the signal from the console to send the video to the monitor’s HDMI port and the audio to the display’s stereo input. Once you have done that, you can connect your external audio device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I connect my PS4 to a computer monitor?
You will need a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to connect the PS4 to a computer monitor. Your PS4 should be connected to the adapter and the monitor to the HDMI cable, and you are good to go!
Can I connect my PS4 to my PC without HDMI?
Yes, Connecting your PS4 to your PC using an HDMI to the mini-DisplayPort adapter is possible.
Can PS4 connect to a VGA monitor?
Yes, It is possible to connect a VGA monitor to the PS4. For this purpose, a VGA adapter is required.