Although the iPad has a smaller-sized display, still, there are instances when you need an additional display and want to use your iPad as your external display for your laptop or PC.
Using an iPad as a monitor for a PC is not as straightforward as using a dedicated monitor, thus a lot of people do not need How to Use iPad as HDMI Monitor.
Thus, we have compiled this complete step-by-step guide, in which we have explained all the steps for transforming your iPad into a monitor.
How to Use iPad as HDMI Monitor?
Despite the fact, that the iPad doesn’t come with an HDMI port, you can still transmit the video signal from your PC, laptop, gaming console, and camera to the iPad screen.
You would need to have a wireless HDMI transmitter device for this purpose, without the HDMI transmitter, you cannot transfer the HDMI signal from the PC or any other HDMI-enabled device to the iPad screen.
Here are the Steps for Connecting the iPad as a Monitor Via HDMI:
- Firstly, you would have to switch off your TV and connect the HDMI transmitter to the HDMI port on the PC.
- Afterward, turn on the PC, and do the setup wizard on your monitor.
- Go to the iPad, and look for the WIFI connection.
- You will see the HDMI transmitter showing you the WIFI signal now.
- Connect the iPad to the WIFI using this connection.
- Now, you would automatically see the PC screen on your iPad.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Using the iPad as a Monitor Via HDMI
There are pros, and cons to everything, and the same goes for the usage of the iPad as a monitor for PC Via HDMI. Below, we have discussed the advantages and disadvantages of using the iPad as a monitor in detail.
- You can use the iPad as a secondary display, and take advantage of an extra screen laying useless at your home.
- The iPad is ultra-portable, which allows you to easily carry it along with you. This monitor can act as a portable monitor.
- You can use this monitor as your daily driven monitor, as well as a portable monitor.
- You can save extra bucks on buying a new monitor.
- You cannot directly connect your PC directly to the iPad.
- It is required to have an HDMI wireless transmitter for connecting the iPad to the monitor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Use iPad as a Monitor Via HDMI?
Yes, you can use the iPad as a monitor Via HDMI, but, you would need to have the wireless HDMI transmitter for this purpose, without the HDMI transmitter, you cannot use the iPad as an external monitor.
Is it Worth Using the iPad as an External Monitor?
Well, if you are requiring an external monitor for portable work, such as creative photography, then it is worth using the iPad as an external monitor. On the other hand, if you are planning to use the iPad regularly instead of the HDMI monitor, then it is not worth using the iPad as an external monitor.
What do We Need for Connecting the iPad to other HDMI Devices?
Well, you would need the wireless HDMI transmitter for connecting the iPad to other HDMI devices wirelessly. Without the wireless HDMI transmitter, you cannot use your iPad as an HDMI monitor.
Connecting and Using the iPad as an HDMI monitor is possible. You can use the iPad as a monitor for any device, but, it would require you to have a wireless HDMI splitter.
By using the wireless HDMI splitter, you can easily transform the video signal from your HDMI-enabled device to the iPad screen.
There are various pros, and cons of using the iPad as your monitor above. So, you can also know whether you should use the iPad as a monitor or not.